Saturday, May 4, 2013

Yes, I really did travel. Part 1: Chiang Mai

So this was supposed to be something of a travel blog, but I never ended up writing about my travels.  I've got one last day here so I'm going to try and remedy some of that.  This will be adhoc and rushed. (Disclaimer:  I didn't take any of these photos.  They are all stolen from other people)

Chiang Mai:


Probably my favorite thing about SE Asia was renting scooters and riding them everywhere.  Whether it be winding up mountain roads or weaving through congested traffic, the scooter is the ultimate mode of transport.
 Helmets optional.

















One of the things I love about Chiang Mai in particular, is that everything is cheap. Private room in Guesthouse: $10/night.
Courtesy Note on Our Guesthouse Door
Hearty bowl of mystery soup off the street: $1


Here are some pictures of me with some grateful English students:





Alcohol is actually not that cheap in Thailand, but it's still worth it.


The flower festival started just as my CELTA was finishing up.  The streets were filled with these floats covered entirely with flowers.


 Pretty petals

Also, there are temples everywhere.  We went and visited one.

I'm not sure what that little red sign says, but if it was "Don't ring the bells", nobody  listened.


Oh, yea, and TIGERS!



No comments:

Post a Comment